Can certainly be challenging to try to lose weight, one of the major requirements for success is your own commitment, whether you are sticking to a set plan or designing your own. A necessary requirement for any healthy weight loss is to add in nutritious dieting as well as physical activities every day. The most successful people who are losing weight are those that view it as a long-term goal, one that requires a significant commitment and time to achieve.
There are several key ways to ensure that your weight loss plan will ultimately result in success. One of the biggest factors is keeping a daily food journal that tracks the food you eat every day so that you understand what you’re putting into your body. Not only are you going to record calories that you eat but also the nutrients and other important factors in the food you eat. As well as doing these things, another important part of the food journal is rating your hunger levels throughout the day so that you can track the times when they are the most significant, and also help you to control your food intake as much as possible.
Five Key Steps to Ensure Your Dieting Goals Become Reality
In spite of our best intentions most people who try to cut calories or go on any sort of diet will ultimately fail to achieve the results they desire. There are many reasons for this, but by far the most common is a lack of a serious plan that is not only executable, but realistic. We have set out five key steps which can help achieve long-term success whenever you try to lose weight. This is not a fully comprehensive list, but it does provide some general guidance of where most people fail.
- Set realistic goals - People who try to lose five or even 10 pounds of weight loss every week will only really be successful. Sure there are some products out there that can actually help achieve these sorts of results, such as the hCG diet, but these are more the exception to the rule. The faster you lose weight in a crash diet the faster you will gain it back later. You need to design goals for both the short term in the longer term. Meeting the short goals first as a motivation factor, and longer term goals that define your ultimate success.
- Make a list of reasons for your weight loss and the benefits of doing so – It’s important to understand your motivation and keep in mind during your diet. Knowing why you’re doing something, such as for more self-confidence or better health, will help you to stay motivated and stick to the protocol that you have designed.
- Reward yourself every time you reach a short-term goal – It’s important to take time to congratulate yourself every time you reach a point that you’ve been striving for. These should not be food based rewards, but instead should be something you normally don’t do for yourself, such as a weekend out playing golf or even a visit to spa with friends.
- Cut your daily calorie intake – It’s no real secret that all weight loss comes down to is burning more calories than you take in from food. Something like 3000 calories is equal to a pound of fat, so just by cutting calories by 500 per day will allow you to lose a pound a week.
- Healthier foods actually make you feel more full – Many people believe that foods high in carbs or fats will make them feel fuller, but the reality is that natural vegetables and fruits, whole grains and even lean proteins actually work best in this regard. These are low in calories and also provide the nutrients your body needs which send signals to your brain which cut your appetite.
These suggestions are just that, they’re not meant to be necessary absolutely for you to succeed. Yet research, time and time again, has shown people who manage their expectations and create a diet strategy that will actually be sustainable over a long period of time will succeed far more than they would otherwise. Just doing a handful of these things improves the likelihood of weight loss success one year later from the low 5% range to over 25%. This alone is a good enough reason to take this seriously.
Categories: Components of Weight Loss